Superior Filtration (Pty) Ltd
GiroSand Moving Bed Sand Filters
GIROSAND MOVING BED SAND FILTERS
GiroSand Moving Bed Sand Filters are continuous backwash, up-flow sand filters. They are used for removal of fine suspended solids from water where higher solids loads are encountered and where continuous supply of uniform, high quality filtrate is required.
GiroSand Moving Bed Sand Filters are commonly installed as polishing filters to remove unsettled flocculant and micro solids from suspension. GiroSand applications include the following:
- Tertiary treatment on wastewater treatment plants to remove residual suspended solids and phosphor
- Polishing filter on potable water treatment plants to improve turbidity and remove residual suspended solids
- Filter to process wastewater in a range of industrial plants. To improve turbidity and remove residual suspended matter.
GiroSand Filters are used extensively in industries where polishing of process water is required. These include:
How it Works
If you would like to discuss this concept with us, leave us your details.
GiroSand filters are continuous backwash, up-flow sand filters. They are used where higher solids loads are encountered and where continuous supply of uniform, high quality filtrate is required.
- Dirty water is introduced at the top of the filter. The water runs down the center feed pipe to a level low down in the sand bed. There, distribution radials distribute the water evenly across the surface area.
- The water then flows upwards through the sand bed where suspended solids are retained.
- Clean, filtered water continue to flow up and over the filtrate weir to service.
- The sand bed fills the coned bottom of the filter from where an air lift mechanism transfers the dirty sand to the top of the filter.
- Dirty sand and water is pushed up the airlift pipe where intense scouring takes place. This dislodges dirt.
- At the top of the airlift pipe the air is released. The dirty water flows to waste and the sand is deposited into the washer.
- The purpose of the washer is to remove final traces of dirt.
- The sand gravitates down the washer section. Some of the up-flowing, clean, filtered water is guided into the washer section. This counteraction of downward migrating sand and upward flowing filtrate provides the agitation required to remove the last traces of dirt.
- At the top of the washer section dirt is continuously carried away to waste and at the bottom of the washer section clean sand is continuously deposit back onto the top of the sand bed via the isolation box.
- This continuous removal of dirty sand from the bottom of the sand bed and return of cleaned sand to the top of the sand bed ensures uninterrupted process flow.
Click here for more Product Details from
Superior Filtration (Pty) Ltd...